Saturday, December 22, 2007

Marlin 336cs Made In 1984

Giadach Welcome Message Domeyko


My relationship with minerals is of long standing, I remember that I always struck by the multiplicity of forms and colors that can be found at ground level. At first he kept those he considered striking boulders on either a walk or on a Mall in my city. Later, and thanks to some classes at the University realized that in fact "my rock" was much more than that, thanks to the methodical reading and conversations with geographers and geologists I went in to the world of mineralogy and crystallography to better understand those stones that are spending time on my shelves.


Thanks to the above, I was internalizing concepts such as the crystal structure, mineral species and classification issues in visu. Parallel to this I was looking for groups of collectors in Chile to meet with great surprise that there was no space to bring together the collectors of minerals, only a number of mining associations and companies whose purpose is purely in economic, rather than merely recreation.

is why I decided to open this virtual space as a way to meet more collectors nationally and I must say the result has been phenomenal. Week after week I meet new pieces in new and increasingly libraries will strengthen ties in Chile and the world since the Internet mineralogists blanket several groups in which they can participate and feel part of a global community of collectors and amateur mineralogy.

Thanks to the contacts, I have received parts that otherwise could never enjoy having them on my shelves, Fluorite Morocco Orellanitas Calcite Patagonia and English among others, have come to my library through the courtesy virtual within community of collectors. I made parallel shipments minerals representative of Chile, like Chrysocolla and Lapis as a form of appreciation, foreign collectors.

believe that as the world of mineralogy is so broad and constant updating is vital to maintain an openness to continual learning and integration within a global mineralogical community. If you collect mineral independently and is a beautiful way of life activity, establish relationships with other persons involved to the same thing makes it even better.


0 comments:

Post a Comment